This recipe comes from one I saw Giada make on her show. My husband loves manning the grill and this was a perfect dinner to allow him to do that while still eating light and healthy.
adapted from Grilled Chicken with Spinach and Pine Nut Pesto
2-3 Boneless Chicken Breasts
2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves (about 2 ounces)
1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 to 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
1. Trim the chicken breasts of any fat and cut each lengthwise to create a thinner chicken breast and double the amount.
2. Sprinkle the front and back side of each chicken breast with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Preheat the grill, or skillet, and cook until no longer pink, about 4-6 minutes per side. Set aside.
3. Combine the spinach, pine nuts, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a food processor. Lightly pulse. With the machine running, gradually add 1/3 cup of the oil, blending until the mixture is creamy. Add salt and pulse.
4. Transfer the spinach mixture to a medium bowl. Stir in the Parmesan cheese. Season the pesto with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve half of the pesto for a later meal, such as Turkey Burgers.
5. Spread the pesto over each piece of chicken and serve.